Frequently Asked Questions
See below for our most common frequently asked questions. Click on the link below to read the full FAQ.
What is the Hawaii Business Pivot Grant and why was it created?
The Hawaii Business Pivot Grant Program is designed to help businesses get reimbursed for expenses incurred from implementing changes and adjusting their operational practices, products, services, or related items in order to survive the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible companies or non-profits may receive up to $10,000 for expenses related to pivoting to meet the new economic environment.
What expenses are eligible for reimbursement under the Hawaii Business Pivot Grant?
- Web development, design, social media and E-commerce
- Consulting services
- Professional services related to pivoting your business
- Related equipment and supplies
- Physical distancing measures (expenses incurred after Oct.1)
If my company is receiving other government additional grants, are we still eligible to apply?
Companies or non-profits must certify that expenses have not been reimbursed or were covered under another federally funded CARES Act Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or other county business assistance program, etc.
Does anything need to be repaid?
No, these grants do not need to be repaid. The program will issue 1099 forms to all approved applicants. Under current IRS guidance these funds are fully taxable, and as such, all expenses covered under the grant are fully deductible.
1099-NECs are being generated by tax1099.com. If you elected to receive a copy via email, you will receive instructions from tax1099.com to open the 1099 attachment. Depending on your personal spam filter settings, your eForms might be directed to your junk folder rather than the Inbox. Please check in both places.
Instructions on opening the 1099-NEC form
Click on the attachment provided with the email you received. You will be prompted for your password, which is 8 characters. Please enter the first 4 letters of the name listed after the word ‘Dear…’ at the beginning of the email, all lowercase, and the last 4 digits of the tax ID (either SSN/EIN or ITIN).
If you encounter any problem in opening your eForm, please check whether:
1. You have entered the first 4 characters of your name/organization name (in lowercase letters).
2. You have entered the last 4 digits of your SSN/ITIN/EIN number.
GRANT APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED
THE HAWAII BUSINESS PIVOT GRANT PROGRAM is designed to help businesses and non-profits across Hawaii adjust to marketplace changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Hawaii Business Pivot Grant program consists of three major components:
- Grant provides reimbursements of up to $10,000.
- Technical assistance, workshops,training and consultant resources to support businesses adjusting their operations.
- Online marketplace for businesses to access products and services to assist them in transforming their operations; costs incurred may be eligible for reimbursement under the grant program.
STATEWIDE OVERVIEW OF THE HAWAII BUSINESS PIVOT PROGRAM
Browse Marketplace Categories
Accounting / Bookkeeping / Finance
Process Optimization Consultant
Consumer Packaging Design
Design / Remodeling / Construction
Web Design /
Public Relations /
Join our directory of Hawaii-based businesses who can provide servies to help our business community pivot.
Click on the link below to read the full FAQ